MedAssist can help uninsured individuals who live or work in Summit County to access prescription medications. The program can:
- Pay for an emergency supply of medications that treat critically life-threatening illnesses, like infection, diabetes, asthma, heart disease, etc. MedAssist can help with up to $100 in a calendar year.
- Help clients to apply for free or low-cost medications for any drug available through the drug companies. MedAssist can help complete the necessary applications and obtain the required information from the individual's doctor.
- Direct individuals to local free or reduced cost medical care.
Call MedAssist at (330) 762-0609 to see if MedAssist can help you.
Please note: MedAssist cannot assist in all situations.
For example, MedAssist cannot:
- Pay for medical bills of any kind
- Provide medical treatment
- Pay for medications that treat mental health, pain, stomach, bowel, allergy or arthritis.
In order to be eligible for MedAssist, you must:
- Live or work in Summit County
- Have no prescription coverage of any kind
- Meet the income requirements below:
For each additional person, add $693 per month or $8,320 per year.
||Monthly Gross Household Income
||Yearly Gross Household Income
MedAssist is generously funded by: