Contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 330-762-5627 or email@example.com more information about volunteer and internship opportunities.
Info Line has a number of ongoing volunteer opportunities including clerical, receptionist, Emergency Food Line volunteer, and data resource management. Complete a volunteer application and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 330-762-5627 for more information.
Click here to download the Info Line Volunteer Application.
Our intern program offers the chance for students in varied disciplines to gain valuable experience. Primary activities include the following:
- Emergency Services Clearinghouse
- Assess clients’ need for emergency food and clothing assistance and refer clients to a local agency. Assist walk-in clients as well as telephone clients.
- 2-1-1/Information and Referral
- Answer calls and provide information on 2-1-1 Community Information Line. Requires a minimum 3 month commitment.
- Community Events
- Represent Info Line at community events or fairs.
Info Line is committed to providing a strong field experience for students accepted into the 2-1-1 intern program.
We provide training that includes classroom instruction, role-playing, listening sessions, call answering and a training manual.
Interns gain valuable skills which are useful in a wide range of career fields, including:
- Professional communication
- Active listening
- Assessment and interviewing techniques
- Problem solving
- Dealing with difficult callers
- Database documentation
- Utilization of resource database to identify resources
- Effective team interaction
- Knowledge of community resources
Minimum Hours: 150
Call 330-762-5627 ext. 170 for more information.